HUNUA 4 WATERMAIN
Client Watercare Services Ltd
Subcontract Value $70 Million
Description : The Hunua project is one of the largest water pipeline projects to be undertaken in New Zealand. It consists of the construction of approximately 24km of 2m and 1.5m diameter CLS watermain in the carriageway by open trenching methods. The pipeline extends from Manukau to Epsom, through arterial routes, urban streets, residential and commercial areas.
Over a four year construction period we are providing significant works under a variety of challenging conditions:
• Variable ground conditions - ranging from soft peat to volcanic tuff and basalt.
• Dealing with high water table and considerable ground water flow.
• Installing large diameter pipes in urban streets with large traffic volumes.
• Locating, supporting and/or diverting underground and overhead services.
• Managing the large volume of materials (spoil and aggregate) carted in and out of the congested site.