Client Watercare Services Ltd
Project Value $5.2 Million
Description : Construction of approximately 1.8km of 625mm ID trunk sewer in the carriageway using open trench, guided auger boring and directional drilling methods. This project also included the construction of 20 shafts and manholes up to 10m deep.
Our contribution to the project included the installation of storm and wastewater pipelines near Coxhead Road, Auckland and had five main components:
• Guided auger boring methods were used to install the pipeline in the deeper sections of the project. Drive lengths were up to 140m.
• The average grade of the pipeline was 0.4%.
• The ground conditions comprised of very hard sandstone in excess of 25MPa, with very high ground water pressure.
• The deep shafts were constructed using steel soldier piles and timber lagging.
• The pipeline route was via level 2 roads, so extensive traffic and stakeholder management was required.