Our contribution to the project included the installation of storm and wastewater pipelines near Khyber Pass, Auckland and had five main components:
- Open-cut installation of twin pipelines (355mm OD polyethylene wastewater and 1050mm stormwater) under the main railway line during a short track closure over the Christmas-New Year period.
- Construction of large (up to eight metres wide and eight metres deep) temporary work shafts and manholes for tunnel access.
- Hand excavation of a 72-metre tunnel and the installation of twin wastewater (355mm)/stormwater (1050mm) pipelines under Khyber Pass.
- Pipe jacking of a 1200mm diameter pipe under Khyber Pass, for approximately 90 metres, to accommodate our innovative dual pipelines for stormwater and wastewater.
- Removal of rock using blasting techniques.