Our contribution to the project included the installation of storm and wastewater pipelines near Khyber Pass, Auckland and had five main components:
- Guided auger boring methods were used to install the pipeline in the deeper sections of the project. Drive lengths were up to 140m.
- The average grade of the pipeline was 0.4%.
- The ground conditions comprised of very hard sandstone in excess of 25MPa, with very high ground water pressure.
- The deep shafts were constructed using steel soldier piles and timber lagging.
- The pipeline route was via level 2 roads, so extensive traffic and stakeholder management was required.