Project Value $3 million
Description : This project included the installation of storm and wastewater pipelines near Khyber Pass, Auckland in close proximity to one of Auckland's busiest train and traffic corridors.
Our contribution to the project included the installation of storm and wastewater pipelines near Khyber Pass, Auckland and had five main components:
• Open-cut installation of twin pipelines (355mm OD polyethylene wastewater and 1050mm stormwater) under the main railway line during a short track closure over the Christmas-New Year period.
• Construction of large (up to eight metres wide and eight metres deep) temporary work shafts and manholes for tunnel access.
• Hand excavation of a 72-metre tunnel and the installation of twin wastewater (355mm)/stormwater (1050mm) pipelines under Khyber Pass.
• Pipe jacking of a 1200mm diameter pipe under Khyber Pass, for approximately 90 metres, to accommodate our innovative dual pipelines for stormwater and wastewater.
• Removal of rock using blasting techniques.