Client KiwiRail, Auckland Council, Watercare Services, Waitemata District Health Board
Project Value $500,000 - $3 Million
Description Pipe jacking projects include North Shore Hospital, Middlemore Hospital, Grafton Road, Hans Street, Godley Road, Subway Road, and Tram Valley Road. Pipe sizes ranged from 1050 - 1500mm diameter and drive lengths ranged from 50 - 200m.
Work undertaken included:
• Four of the above projects involved jacking under live railway lines with minimal settlement occurring.
• Variable ground conditions including fill with concrete obstructions, silts and sands, sandstone and basalt.
• Drill and blast technique used in basalt.
• Pipe grades ranged from 0.2% - 1.5% and pipe jacking carried out in both upstream and downstream directions.
• Jacking shafts ranged from 4m - 8m deep and generally constructed using sheet piles.